Thursday, June 28, 2012

Simp 2012 and new work

Wow!!! That is the first thing that comes to my mind!!!*grin*

 I am back home and so very happy! Paris and the show was more than I expected! I had the most incredible time however I was not  very happy that I had NO chance to shop and get way from my table.:)

I realized that doing a show like that I truly need a helper. I was brave to go alone, I know , specially for one day show  but all in all was so very worth it !*grin*

I meet incredible artists and people. It is such a delightful  experience to see people face to face and hear what they have to say about my work. I don't say that in a proudful way, but in a true sincere thankful heart and at many times overwhelming feeling of appreciation!

Gevevieve, was all I expected... a such sweet girl.She greeted me with a warm hug  making me feel so good. again, I was unable to go to her table and she understood that, but it was frustrating.... I knew that she makes some incredible needle point work and I missed  seeing it ,sigh
Catherine is one of these artists that everyone is  amazed once you see what she does. She too , was so sweet  and kind, she had a big smile when she came  to hug me and again , I began to feel more and more confortable.
The beautiful  Julie Campbell  was there too . It was great to meet her face to face and hear her lovely accent!grin. Julie was shopping and enjoying her time!


Irmgard from Miniarche a german animal artist was another lady that I was so very happy to meet in person. please  do visit her blog  and see her work.

I did meet many others and enjoyed each one of them. I realized that is good for me to continue studying my french too  as I  am looking forward to next year, hopefully with  more time and a helper!wanna come with me??/grin

I was waiting for some friends to arrive and help me , but it was too late when it happened and did not allow me to go around. Like I said, that was a bittersweet  for me.

I have listed few dolls on my etsy store  and some minis on ebay. I won't add any pictures here , but if you are interested , just click on the pictures on the right side/bar and a link will take you to the sales.

If you haven't signed for my giveaway... don't forget ....  Here..... it is just around the corner!!*grin*\

(((( a warm thanks you)))) to all of you that wished me success and prayed for me! I am thankful for each one of you!Love~Patricia

14 comments:

A. Wright said...

I'd love to go next year, but I'm afraid there is no way I would be able to stay sitting in one place long enough to help you out! You were very brave to go alone, I know other vendors had help and never got away from their tables.

Drora's minimundo said...

It must have been great to meet these wonderful ladies and there is always next year, a whole year to tempt someone to come as a helper.
I wish you a very restful and enjoyable weekend.
Hugs, Drora

Christel said...

Hi pat! Loved reading your post about your Paris trip. Isn't it wonderful to meet artist who share our same love of creating? I would love to go with you next year, but know that won't be possible for me. I'm sure I have already signed up for your giveaway..If not..I'm in :):):) Love you, have to get back to my dolly..she's naked on the table, and probably prefer some clothes! (ha ha) Love you, Christel

Eliana said...

É bom tê-la de volta depois dessa maravilhosa viagem. ;)
Beijo

Catherine / Mooghiscath said...

Coucou , Patricia !
Tu as du être contente de retrouver ta petite famille .
J'espère bien te revoir l'année prochaine au SIMP avec des progrès en français et de nouvelles créations superbes .
Amicalement.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Pat
Yes, you were very brave to go alone.. I am sorry you did not have someone with you so you could walk around and soak in the beauty of all the other artists, but I am so happy you had a good time.. How very exciting.. Paris ALONE would be so wonderful..
Good to have you home safe.
Love and blessings,'
Penny

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hello dear Pat
Thank you so much for wandering over to see me and your kind thoughts.
You have TWO parrots? Kiwi is such a sweet name.. I'll bet there is alot of chattering going on yes?
Good to have you back home, although I wish I could have gone with you to Paris.
Love,
Penny

rosethe-minima said...

étant sur un forum de miniaturistes, je sais que vos créations ont été très admirées. J'espère que vous serez là l'année prochaine et que je pourrais vous voir, car j'espère y être aussi.
(Minima)

Ilona said...

Hi Tita! I am glad you came home safe. Its quite an adventure: your trip to Paris, very brave to go alone!! I will love to help you next year, but I am afraid my French is not good. According to some French ladies on the blogosphere I have a lot to study, so I can not help you ;)! About seeing your work on the left side bar, I don't see the link!! Nothing to click on...it is a pity, I love to see more of your artworks.
Warm embrace, Ilona

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I am so late my dearest, but what a GREAT EXPERIENCE to be in PARIS and to see JULIE CAMPBELL AS WELL! Did you have any time to get out to SEE PARIS???? Tell me MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP MY DEAR!! Nita

Ascension said...

Me alegro de que todo haya ido bien y te lo hayas pasado genial.
Gracias por los enlaces.
besitos ascension

thomi said...

Thank you for this post about your Paris trip. Nice to read - smile. Remember, never go alone for such an event.......There is so much to see.

julie campbell said...

Hello Patricia,
so lovely to meet you at SIMP, I shopped till I dropped !! I'm glad you had such a good show, you must have worked so hard , your table looked wonderful :0)
julie xx

miniacollection said...

Once again I was very happy to meet you at last, thank you for the kind words about me and the gifts. I'm sorry you weren't able to go and see the tables of other artisans, relly you should have asked me or my mum to stay at your table...
I hope you will come back next year.
Hugs
Geneviève