Wednesday, June 20, 2012

African Hunting Dog & Gazelle Fawn



Hello dear readers!*grin*

I am leaving to Paris and want to leave you with some pictures of probably the most unusual animals  that will be at my table - An African Hunting Dog and its prey, a sweet gazelle fawn.

I want to make something that portray reality in a different way.The freedom that I find in my hands is a joy and sometimes challenge my feelings but the reality of life is it true .and I thought that perhaps a more eccentric collector will love this piece.grin

The African dog is a massive dog   and its pray can be as big as a zebra... of course when attacking a large animal  there are many dogs at the same time.

His colors were not just a challenge but a true joy to replica. I used a combined hand dyed fiber  to active the realistic results and a little bit of details were added with a tip of a feather pen.

The pose of the dog is in movement. Another challenge as  I choose (not) to add support. he stands very well in its two legs and the other two slightly  touching  the ground.

The prey is removable and it can be laid in a position that looks natural.

tail is fully pose-able, eyes are ( real ) glass,  and were handmade, with clay, paint and real glass were added as a lens.... it is not just gloss.


This set will be available this coming Sunday in  Paris.Hope you can come ,see in person    and shake my hand!
* smiles*


Don't forgot my GIVEAWAY. Also, please as  a reminder,  don't forget the rules to make sure you are included on the day of drawing!:)




Pictures taken with natural outside light and on my woodland with waterfall vignette.








16 comments:

Rosamargarita said...

Es de un realismo impresionante. Y sí, es inusual, por eso es aún más interesante, por original
Un abrazo, suerte en la feria

Eliana said...

Linda escultura, Patricia. O cão tem uma 'pelagem' maravilhosas, muito convincente. Fiquei impressionada com todo esse realismo. Lindo trabalho!
Sucesso.
Beijo

Unknown said...

Dear Patricia,

I am speechless...the reality of this piece is almost too much to bear.

This creation is based in reality yet is sensitive to the subject matter.

I often look away when I am watching an animal show when there is about a kill to be made, because it upsets me...but this piece is so tastefully made, that it doesn't bother me.

I find it so beautiful!!

The colors and pose and his face is amazing. His prey looks so peaceful, maybe that's why it doesn't upset me.

I find it is true art when it can evoke such emotion.

I wish I could come and see your creations in person...well maybe one day!!

XOXO
Dessa Rae

rosethe-minima said...

si la scène est ... cruelle, quoique c'est la vie. Les animaux sont superbes, le pelage du chien est incroyablement bien fait, très mignonne la pauvre petite gazelle ! Encore une fois, je suis admirative.
Je vous souhaite, Patricia beaucoup de succès au SIMP.
Minima

BlacknickSculpture said...

That is an incredible piece of work Patricia! I'm sure it will catch the eye of as you say an "eccentric collector"! Best of luck at your Paris show!

CWPoppets said...

My goodness, Patricia. This is the most stunning piece you've ever made ... I love it!
Christine

Drora's minimundo said...

A very unusual masterpiece!
Good luck at the fair!
Hugs, Drora

Ilona said...

You've outdone yourself, Tita, great work! Its like you said: a gorgeous piece of artwork for a collector!!
Have fun and good luck on Simp Paris! Hugs, Ilona

Ascension said...

Es alucinante ver tus trabajos, el realismo que consigues es espectacular.
Me encanta!!!!!
besitos ascension

Contrastes-Rosa Mª said...

¡Espectacular! felicidades por este realismo en sus animales :)

Catherine / Mooghiscath said...

le pelage du chien est magnifique !

Fabiola said...

Impressive!!
Bye Faby

Melli Hobby said...

It looks so real.
Good luck at the fair. I wish I would come there, too.
Greetings
Melanie

Flor said...

¡Excelente trabajo!!!
Y tan real ÖÖÖ ¡ Felicidades!!!!
Un abrazo
Flor

MALINIK said...

Dear Pat,
this is so so beautiful. I think it's one of my favorite!Amazing!:))

PAKY said...

Another great work! Congrats!!