Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New girl, baby , progress work and new Mag Publication

Hello you!!*grin*

For the past few months I have been focusing on improving my little girls expressions. I want to make dolls that my collectors identify not only because they are "pretty figurines" but because they look real. In a 1:12 scale everything is harder, at least for me,grin. Tiny teeth is not only minuscule in its size but the shape is very important too. I am working with 3 new dolls that each have completely different moods and expression. take a look on pictures on the bottom of this post to see some WIP. All 3 of them have teeth however 2 are happy and 1 is sad. I am very excited about these girls because I feel that I walked up one step. The girl that has her arms around her forehead was so difficult for me ,that more than once I thought to give up and now she may be my favorite of the three. I still have to add their eyelash , in which in my opinion, brings up *life* to the figurine.

I also made some real small kids! the baby boy is so cute and small, I truly love him, his name is Josh. Then the little girl... she is special to me.... her eyes is telling me that she has a temper...reminds me of some of my children,grin, and her baby doll is only 3/4 of an inch! that is tiny!!!
These 3 are listed on ebay , if you have a chance , click on my auction tab and go see more pictures there.

The magazine below is not local as one may think since the name is Charlotte, it is from Charlotte county , Florida. I was surprised when the writer emailed me and asked if she could feature my work on this article. This was a *treat* to me knowing that this is not a miniature magazine and the audience is another different group!

Thank you so much for stopping by, viewing my work, send me notes and for leaving me comments, you are all so wonderful to me and I want you to know that is with great joy and smile in my face that I read your comments!*grin*
ps. pardon my *white* fngers!:-)
















































































8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Such precious and lovely work, Patricia! Congratulations on being featured in the magazine, your talent is far reaching!

xoxo, Bonnie

julie campbell said...

Lovely expressions Patricia,I love the little laughing child best :0)
julie xx

The Old Maid said...

Congrats on publication Patricia! I love the three WIPs - they already look so cute! The little ones are sweet! This is a cool idea of making a doll for your girls!:)

Ascension said...

Enhorabuena por tu publicacion!!!!!
Si los niños en miniatura 1 /12, ya son dificiles, los bebes son dificilisimos.
Tu has hecho unas niñas preciosas, unas caritas con vida.
Me encantan las expresiones que consigues.
Hacer dientes a unas muñequitas tan pequeñas es toda una proeza, enhorabuena!!!
besitos ascension

Margaret said...

Your new dolls have so much character, they are wonderful. Congratulations on your magazine feature too!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning, Tita dearest! Well, again, you have shown us all that perseverance pays off and is the only way anyone can achieve perfection!!! THE TEETH!!! You must have the strongest pair of eyes.....I would have such a hard time seeing those little teeth! My favorite is the little girl pushing the pink stroller.....Tita, I am so impressed with all that you and the other sculptors do....you with your incredible babies, Penny with her mice, Christel and sweet Rose with their fairies...this is an area I will forever admire from a distance! And your watercolours my sweet, how is that going? BRAVO TO YOU SWEET TITA...your work is always a mastery to behold!

Love and blessings, Nita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ma chère Tita...thank you again for visiting me today, and for going over to Nowhere to see our silly theatre production....the sillier it is,the more fun I have...that is how my mind works!!!! It takes all kinds to make the world go around!:)

LOVE YOU! And have a wonderful day!Nita

miniacollection said...

Congratulations! not only for the publication but also on your new dolls. Their expressions are geat, you can be proud of yourself.
Geneviève